After ringing in the new year in Las Vegas with friends, I flew home on New Years Day to find myself with two weeks at home and nothing to do. I spent much of this time thinking about everything I wanted to accomplish in 2016, jotting down a list of realistic goals (rather than resolutions, because who really follows through on those?). Then, I created this blog.
Simply Shelby is a place for me to share my life as I complete my last two semesters of college and focus on my overall self-improvement. I will admit I am not a writer (finance major = taking only one writing class in college), but I guarantee there will be sarcasm, funny stories, and the occasional moment of truth shared on this blog. I hope you decide to stick around.
Goals for 2016
1. Get in shape. Could I be any more cliche? I have probably said this every year for the past five years. This year, however, I have an actual goal to work toward. On April 30, 2016, I will be running a half marathon on my school's campus. That's 13.1 miles. Did I mention I'm not a runner?
2. Read more. I love to read, but I haven't made time for it since I started college. I plan to change that this year. You can follow me and my reading list on Goodreads.
3. Excel academically. I have made Dean's List all but one semester of college thus far, and it is my goal to do so in my last two semesters. If I accomplish this goal, I will graduate with High Honors in December.
4. Make the most of my last two semesters. Not only do I plan to do well in my classes, but I am going to make damn sure I have fun this year. I already have my stereotypical "senior bucket list" planned out. What did you expect from a student at the #1 Party School in the US?
5. GET A JOB. That is the real reason we all attend college, right? Whether I receive an offer from my internship or go through recruiting this fall, my ultimate goal is to have a job lined up by the time I graduate in December.